I do hundreds and thousands of memes over on my LJ blog, but never here, mostly because I dont' think enough people read it to tag me. However K in her Square One Blog has tagged me! Yay!
Link to the person who has tagged you.Write down six things that make you happy.Post the rules, tag six others and let them know you did it.Then tell the person when your entry is complete.
1. Writing. This takes on many guises. I have always fancied myself as a novelist - I have one finished and two unfinished novels yearning for a publisher (although yearning won't actually get them out there). I write poetry (I have no idea how bad or good it is), I write every night in a paper journal and have several different blogs. On top of that I've written several articles for yoga magazines and am trying to write a book about yoga and scoliosis/chronic pain - the drafts of which are here. Basically I just can't stop myself writing. It makes me happy and has a certain cathartic effect as well.
2. Reading. I've always been addicted to a good story. I like anything with a hint of magic and the supernatural and good historical fiction. I am also a sucker for old fashioned crime stories (Agatha Christie, Dorothy Sayers, Colin Dexter). My favourite genre is Victorian gothic and end of the century novels and I am especially loving the new wave of this from modern authors such as Michael Cox.
3. Cooking. I can and will cook anything and I love it. I am very unmethodical, hardly ever follow recipes and make up my own stuff all the time. I have cooked and baked since I was a child. I am passionate about good food, organically ethically sourced ingredients and cooking everything from scratch. I love experiementing with flavours and on top of all that I love to eat the results :D
4. The sound of the sea. I don't actually have to even see the sea, just hearing the waves lap against the shore is enough for me. I feel at home, at one, comfortable, relaxed when I can hear the sea. Seeing the sea of course is even better, inhaling the ozone, feeling sand between my toes. It's a little part of the world where I can actually feel content and one of the reasons I miss Australia.
5. Cambridge. The town I grew up in. The town I did my Masters degree in. It always feels like my town. My health is always slightly better there. I love the ancient alleyways, the antiquarian bookshops, the market, the fact it still has record and vintage clothes fairs. I am looking forward to being in a position to move back there next year.
6. The Foo Fighters. This is perhaps the most important one really. If in doubt play the Foos. It is guaranteed to ALWAYS cheer me up. Every girl needs a fangirl crush and an obsession to get through the days and Dave Grohl and the Foos is mine :)
I'm not going to tag because I think only a few people regularly read this blog! If you do do it though please let me know!