Thursday, January 21, 2010

things i love thursday (3)



It is another grey and cold fenland day, one of those days when being mindful reminds you that right now this minute everything is a bit.... well grey! So forgive my list for some of its trivialities today. A girl finds joy where she can. :)

* Finishing Chapter Six of that novel I'm writing! This is exciting for me because it's a strange and pivotal chapter that I had been putting off for about a year.
* Australian organics hair products.
* The sense of contentment and perspective I get when I talk things through with Himself. He really is "Don't Panic" personified!
* Hummus and avocado wraps.
* Dave Grohl being discussed on Home and Away - it's like a fangirl party in my television....;-)

I am sad that my spring bulbs haven't come up yet. I suspect those furry feline fiends of digging them up.

6 comments:

Globetrotting Gamine said...

So I'm not the only one with cats in her garden? Whew!

You go girl, finish that book! Then you can give me motivation on how I can finish mine?!

Hope all is well in your world!

Love,
MG

*whosthatgamine.blogspot.com*

Rachel said...

It's really funny because I have two cats but they are indoor cats and the neighbours' cats come round to purposely dig up my bulbs (obviously). My two sit in the window hissing a spitting at them! Ha ha...

Thank you for your encouragement :)

green ink said...

Chpater 6?! Go you!!!! Perhaps we can novel swap at some point :)

Himself and my Tom sound like twins. Aren't boys great for helping you put things in perspective?

Too bad about your bulbs - bummer! I've brought my hyacinths inside to bloom, but the tulips, grape hyacinths and narcissus seem to still be ok outside. Fingers crossed for no digging cats :P xx

Eco Yogini said...

congrats on chapter 6!!!!! YAY! that's fantastic :)

also- i didn't even think of bulbs as in outside flowers!! sigh. the wonders of a canadian winter... always cold and spring takes FOREVER in nova scotia.

kiwibok said...

Chapter 6 is certainly no trivial thing to love! Well done - and keep at it - I want to read the whole story beginning to end :-)
And yes, I agree on the hummus and avocado wraps - YUM.

p.s. my word verification today is 'begin'...is google trying to tell me to start Chapter 1???

Rachel said...

Thank you for your support as always ladies. It means a lot :)