Saturday, December 12, 2009

Fog

(image courtesy of Jim Goldstein)

"Fog everywhere. Fog up the river where it flows among green airs and meadows; fog down the river, where it rolls defiled among the tiers of shipping, and the waterside pollutions of a great (and dirty) city.... Chance people on the bridges peeping over the parapets into a nether sky of fog, with fog all round them, as if they were up in a balloon and hanging in the misty clouds."
--Charles Dickens (Bleak House)

(meant to be posted yesterday when fog hung menacingly in the air all day, but alas the day ran away with me)

2 comments:

Bob Weisenberg said...

I love fog, ever since I spent seven years growing up in the San Francisco Bay Area. Check out this photo to get an idea:

http://community.yogajournal.com/_San-Francisco-fog/photo/4598257/25925.html

Bob Weisenberg
YogaDemystified.com

Eco Yogini said...

I ADORE fog- and I missed it so much while I lived in BC. which is weird.... but fun :)