Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Eka Pada Rajakapotasana 2

Or a variation of one-legged pigeon pose. That's what I'm all about right now. This pose is my current favourite pose and I've worked quite hard to get there. I love the way it stretches my dodgy hip (which I've spoken about before), and opens my chest and stretches my spine. I love the way it tests my balance and makes me ground myself. I just love it! And two months ago I could barely do it at all. Hurrah.


(if you look on the Google Images, you will lovely pictures of bendy yoginis made of mercury who can get their heads on their back foot. Which is great. But I'm happy with where I'm at).

So dear readers, what's your favourite asana of the moment?

6 comments:

Mary said...

I've got to say that I love pigeon pose as well! I am still nto very open in the hips so can't get into the pose as deeply as others, but I love the way it makes me feel. Great photo!

Eco Yogini said...

Thank you for your lovely comment on my last post. :)
Your pigeon looks LOVELY and I agree, only pose that actually stretches my top thigh. fantastic!

Rachel said...

Hurrah for lovers of the Pigeon! One thing I love about it is there are so many variations of it that everyone can feel graceful and open in this asana!

green ink said...

I love the pigeon too. I also love sleeping tortoise and Gomukhasana. Any hip opener really!

kiwibok said...

I've been thinking about your question all week...favourite pose, favourite pose??? so may I love, which one to pick in this moment - then last night while I was practising I felt compelled to do Prasarita Paddotanasana II and so that's my choice for this week. It encompasses a whole range of challenges, but at the same time is so calming - I always feel great afterwards!

Anonymous said...

I am taking a yoga class this quarter and have to teach a pose for the class...which will begin in a half an hour. I chose the Eka Pada Rajakapotasana II - talk about a mouthful. It has really grown on me... just wanted to share the love!

Nicole