Sunday, November 8, 2009

Reasons to be Thankful


Thursday Night was lovely. The firework display for Guy Fawkes Night was awesome and it was so nice for the whole family to get together for food and laughter - it's so hard to get everyone together at the same time! I felt horribly under the weather all day on Thursday, tired and washed out, and I didn't really feel like going but it turned out (as is so often the case) that it was exactly what I needed. So I am ridiculously thankful for my hilarious family this week. Other things that have made me smile with glee this week:-

* Himself making me vegan "cheeseburgers" for tea on Friday night.
* The new Foo Fighters Greatest Hits, Dave Grohl being on Jools Holland's TV show and also him saying that a Greatest Hits does not mean the Foos are over. Hurrah!
* Becoming a redhead again.
* Having the photos taken for my new yoga website (coming soon!) and actually liking all of them.
* Buying spring bulbs with my mum.
* Planting spring bulbs and reminding myself that winter may be bleak but it doesn't last forever.
* The new Flight of the Conchords album (laughed until I cried).
* Purple stripey wooly tights - winter was invented for them!
* Yoga, yoga, yoga, yoga.

ETA: I can't believe I forgot one - this week I have "met" a whole bunch of lovely new people on the blogosphere and for that I am grateful :D

4 comments:

Jan Holt said...

Hi Rachel,

I'm so glad we've connected in the bloggy world. ( I suspect we have Angela in common... )

I love your attitude and blog. I'll be back often.

Namaste friend,

Jan

green ink said...

I enjoyed the fireworks too!

My spring bulbs have started sprouting already...I think that means I need to put them in a darker place!

Have a great week :)

Pam said...

Glad you're feeling so positive!

Mary said...

Oooh, new yoga website! I love reading other people's lists that make them happy. It really is the simple things in life and I'm so glad we crossed paths in blogland :-)