Saturday, April 11, 2009

Day 11 - Feeling Good

I'm having a good day today. One of those days when everything just falls into place. Most yogis of my acquaint admit these days don't happen as often as perhaps they ought to, but when they do happen they are a joy to behold.

We're still staying with my parents so my morning yoga practice was in their front room -- usually when I practice in a new space things don't always feel quite right, but this morning my practice and my breath flowed into one another and my time on my mat flew by!

After breakfast, we went to the morning showing of The Boat that Rocked. I love the morning showings as the cinema is always empty! We shared the screen with just two older women who were overheard afterwards talking about the memories the film brough back. It's about pirate radio in the 1960s and about standing up for what you believe in. It's also very very funny and has Rhys Darby in it, a current hero of mine :)

Now I'm curled up on the sofa with tea and books and my family around me and all is well with the world.

As I said, these days don't always happen -- but surely the key is to always remember that they *do* happen. And on those bad days, when we're panic-stricken or sad or bored, we can remember that sometimes everything does just click, and maybe by remembering and visualising those great days we can make them more frequent.

Namaste

No comments: