Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Day 8 - Doing Nothing

Some days you plan a whole heap of stuff to do and then... well... for various reasons you just don't do it. And it turns out to be better than the stuff you planned.

Today was one of those days. We'd planned shopping, cinema and dinner out. We ended up having a lovely day at home enjoying the good weather and some time doing absolutely nothing.

I did my morning yoga practice, had a bike ride in the sun and baked some Easter goodies to take to my parents' house tomorrow (pictures to follow tomorrow when the icing has been done)!

I also planted some basil, thyme, rosemary and chives in the garden.

The day was slow enough for me to take in the little things; the warmth of the sunshine, the sound of birdsong. That sense of slow rarely happens off my yoga mat.

I learned today that sometimes a negative thing that puts all the day's plans out of kilter, can turn into a positive thing if you just keep living your yoga off your mat.

And to finish up today, a couple of photos of my insane cats in a bag!!

Namaste!!

No comments: