Sunday, April 12, 2009

Day 12 - Beginning Again

Whatever your religious/spiritual beliefs, this time of year is perfect for new beginnings. As the birds lay eggs, the trees sprout blossoms and flowers come into bloom it's a great time to change, from giving up an old habit or taking up a new hobby to turning over a whole new leaf of your life.

Over the last few weeks things have been coming together healthwise for me so my new beginning for after the Easter break is to get back on the cross trainer and work on my aerobic fitness. Slowly but surely I hope to be able to get back into running relatively short distances over the next year. I'm really excited and have been working on a new fitness plan that allows me to work in stages whilst pacing myself and making sure I'm not doing too much. Combining this with my yoga practice and enough rest and I'm hoping to get myself better :)

Sometimes something bad has to happen to us for us to make a change for the good. Sometimes we have to see even those bad things as a blessing, because without a Good Friday there can be no Easter Sunday.

Have a wonderful day yogis and yoginis!

Namaste

No comments: